Support our Programs
More Than Just a Meal
Common Ground Senior Services operates with a small staff and is largely supported by more than 50 dedicated volunteers who provide over 500 hours of work each month. This helps keep administrative costs down and ensures that the majority of your donation goes directly to the preparation, delivery and service of the meals themselves.
While volunteers' time and skills are a large part of our operations, we cannot do this with volunteers alone. We need financial resources to provide volunteers with the supplies and tools necessary for them to complete their work, as well as to help coordinate their service through the office. Your donation directly impacts our ability to provide services to seniors and to provide resources to our dedicated volunteers.
- Provide seniors with 1/3 of the Daily Recommended Intake of calories, protein, vitamins and minerals, 5 days per week, 250 days a year
- Prepare, deliver and serve over 3000 meals to senior per week
- Improve the livelihood and health of seniors through balanced nutrition and nutrition education
- Reduce the isolation and loneliness of homebound seniors
- Engage mobile seniors in social settings and community activities
- Avoid the premature institutionalization of seniors who cannot prepare their own meals
- Help seniors maintain their independence and dignity by assisting them with safely aging-in-place
To make a donation online go to:
To make a donation you may mail a check to: Common Ground Senior Services - 229 New York Ranch Road - Jackson, CA 95642
Gifts of Stock
If you are interested in making a gift of stock, please contact Elizabeth Thompson at (209) 498-2246 ext. 105 or by email at Elizabeth@commongroundseniorservices.org
Legacy Gifts & Bequests
Please consider a charitable bequest to the Common Ground Senior Services. Charitable bequests provide much needed funds to operate the Senior Nutrition Program and Transportation Program.
You will not need to rewrite your will or living trust if you decide to make a charitable bequest to us. You could simply add an amendment, called a codicil, to your will or living trust.
Here is some language you can have your attorney review:
"I give and bequeath Common Ground Senior Services, tax identification number 68-0463039, located in Jackson, California, $ (desired gift amount)."
You also have the option to state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including exact location instead of a monetary sum.
Your bequest is entirely under your control during life and becomes irrevocable only at death. Please consider making an everlasting commitment to the seniors in our community and Common Ground Senior Services in your will or living trust today.
Do you participate in a charitable giving program where you work? If so, please consider designating your contribution to Common Ground Senior Services. Your gift can go a long way toward helping Common Ground Senior Services and the Senior Nutrition Program achieve our missions.